Monday, April 20, 2009

Im officially one of "THOSE" moms!!!

Ok, so before I had a kid I always thought that I would never be one of those moms that would just give into their screaming child, or just give them things to have a little bit of peace and quiet for thirty seconds..... but this last week or so I have officially turned into one of "those" moms. I think Koop is getting some more teeth so he has been so fussy and needy, and I really can only take so much of that, which results into doing whatever it takes, whether it be.........

a cookie dough beater...
Or TWO.......




or how about a fresh caramel apple.......

and if that doesn't work, I think to myself "what makes me happy when I'm sad".... oh yea baby a fresh diet coke!!!!! Works every time:)
(In my defense we don't eat at burger king, in fact I hate that place but I was desperate for a diet coke and it is way to much work to get Koop in and out of the truck so we resorted to their drive- thru! And one more thing, the drink was pretty much gone I think he just likes the straw:)

10 comments:

Nat said...

Oh Kristi, I love you...this post is hilarious! I think we all are "that" mom at one point or another. Whatever it takes to get through the day!!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

I have to agree. I know that I am "that" mom alot more then I care to admit. But sometimes it saves your sanity. So in my mind that makes it worth it!!

Christa said...

Yeah, I'm catching myself be "that" mom sometimes too! We're only human- I agree, you can only take so much screaming and hissy fits before you just do whatever it takes to make them quiet- even if its only for a minute!!!

The Robinson's said...

After talking to you I had to check out your blog cuz, I haven't in um....way too long! Koop is as cute as they come:) We need to come out asap and lay out at the pool!! Does Wes get a break for the summer from school?

gunnfam said...

"That" mom, is definately this mom! I think there is no price on sanity. =)

The Andersens said...

Kristie-

you make me laugh so hard... i think i was actually talking to you on the phone when he was drinking your diet coke? but wasnt there french fries involved? oh wait maybe it was me that was eating the french fries that day!!

so i really miss you guys right now... especially on nights like tonight.. i really just feel like making chocolate chips cookies, getting in my fat pants ( ok fine, im actually already wearing fants pants, ive been wearing them all day!), but it sounds so fun just to chill with you and wes like old times, maybe play a little scategories? im just not loving this whole you living in california thing... peace out

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

admitting is the first step ;). sweetheart your sanity is worth a little cookie dough/caramel apple/diet coke! happy mommy = happy baby!!

sachia said...

I love this and realize that I am "that" mom too. Oh my! Cooper looks so cute while he is eating those beaters, I think I would have given him both myself. :)

Mark and Kelly's Blog said...

Tsk! Tsk! Kristie. I would NEVER. By the way, that kid is BEAUTIFUL. Such pretty eyes.

Erin Marriott said...

I swear sometimes we are just trying to get through the day, and if that works, hey! He is such a little cutie pie, and I just love those curls!! I was cracking up at your 'top reasons your child needs a haircut'!! That's funny stuff. Anyway, it's been fun talking to you lately, (even though I felt so bad about the whole blog mixup with Lindsay. I honestly felt awful.) Anyway, I left a message today talking about the shower, you can call me anytime.