Friday, July 3, 2009

In loving Memory...

Fifteen years ago today my little brother Cody was hit and killed by a car, it was honestly one of the hardest days of my life. For some reason some years are a little easier than others, I always miss him but I think as time goes by it still hurts you just learn to deal with the loss a little better. Today has been a little harder than others, I really think its because I now have a child of my own and to even think about something like that about rips my heart out. The love that you have for your own children is unexplainable and I have no idea how my amazing Mother made it through that difficult time. She is such an example to me and I'm so thankful for her courage of getting through that when at times I'm sure that she just didn't want to go on. I'm also so thankful my knowledge of the Gospel, and the comfort that it gives to me to know that I will see him again. Love you and miss you Cody!!

4 comments:

Christa said...

My thoughts are with you Kristie... it must be hard. Keep your head up, I'm sure that's what your brother would want you to do for little Kooper :)

Mark and Kelly's Blog said...

I'm so, so sorry that you and your family had to lose Cody. This holiday must always be so difficult for you. I'm glad that your mom has you because there's no way any of the rest of us could even begin to understand what your family has been through.

MINDY SAVAGE and Kids said...

Your mom is AMAZING!! I don't know how she has always been so strong.She is a GREAT EXAMPLE to so many people. I remember that day like it was yesterday. What a sweet little boy.

Three Guys and a Gal said...

I think about your Mom every Fourth of July! She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!