Friday, January 7, 2011

Steamboat Springs

Wes had a couple of days off for New Years so we took advantage of that and took a little mini trip! One of our timeshares is in Steamboat so we thought we would take Kooper skiing and sledding and just have a nice weekend. We had such a good time, Kooper loved all the snow, a lot of times it was above his head and -5 degrees but he could care less. The skiing part was a little frustrating Im not sure how those ski school instructors do it? I do have to give him credit he did pretty good for his first time, I guess Im just a little mad because I had the whole day pictured like this....Wes and Koop go skiing while mom sits in the lodge next to a cozy little fire place sipping on hot coco, reading a book and maybe even getting a nice little massage for this pregnant body of mine, but nooooo instead mom had to hike 10 miles to the bunny hill, carrying all Koopers crap in -10 degree weather and stand at the bottom freezing my you know what off,( okay maybe Im exaggerating just a little) because we knew he wouldn't last more than a few runs and who else was going to take picts? I mean he just turned 3 shouldn't he be doing jumps and moguls by now??
Right before the big ski day!
Just waiting for the shuttle....he is ready to hit the slopes!
Koop was having a hard time walking in his boots and was going soooo slow so his cute little Daddy came to the rescue and carried him...it was a long walk, I wanted someone to carry me:)
He loved the magic carpet!
Kooper's first run!
After a few runs he would go by himself for a few seconds, he was so proud!
Right here he is clapping, he is so proud of himself! So precious! It made it all worth it, gran it I would have loved a massage but to see this little guy be so proud...priceless!
Love my boys! I cant imagine my life without them, I look forward to what this New Year brings! Im so excited to add another boy into the mix and most of all Im excited to make many more memories of our lives together! Love you two!! Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Sharps said...

How fun for him! I have tried to ski and I suck. That is a goal of mine though...it looks so fun to me. So cute.

Unknown said...

so fun! I want to take Crew skiing now. I miss you guys like crazy. When are you going to come and visit and stay with me?

gunnfam said...

That's so fun. You are one tough momma. I would have crumpled half way up with the kid and stuff and prego.