Yesterday was General Conference which I always look forward to watching, I feel like every time I watch it at least one of the speakers are speaking directly toward me. I loved President Monson's talk for that matter. I find my self so often stressing over small things, like the laundry, the dishes... what to cook for dinner, that it consumes a lot of my time. When President Monson talked about the tiny fingerprints on the newly cleaned surfaces, the piles of laundry or the toys scattered, he said all of that will too soon be gone and it will be missed. I've been thinking about that a lot latley. Kooper will be ten months in a few days and I feel like it was just yesterday when I came home from the hospital scared to death of how I was going to take care of this new precious child. I feel like it was yesterday when he was waking up every two hours to eat, or I would wonder when is he going to smile, or when will he roll over, or when will he crawl, and of course it all came way to fast!!:) I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with Kooper and I know that I need to enjoy every second I get to spend with him because I know that in twenty years from now I will never say I wish I would have done more laundry or kept the house a little cleaner but I can guarantee that I will say, I wish I would have played a little more with my sweet little boy. Time goes by way to fast so make the most of your today!
Monday, October 6, 2008
"Your going to miss this"
Posted by The Swindlehurst's at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I totally loved that talk by President Monson too! It is funny because I felt like he was just speaking right to me. Maybe I'm feeling a little guilty about being too busy lately. But I love talks like that, that put things in perspective. You are such a good mom you don't need to worry! Hurry home. My hair is growing at exponential rates and is looking pretty fierce.
I loved that talk too! I have been thinking so much about all of those same things lately and how I just need to slow down and spend more quality time with Maia and just sometimes let the other things wait! Hope you are doing well and enjoying Cali! How is Wes liking school so far?
I felt like so much of conference was talking about little children and how "precious they are in His sight" It sure puts into perspective to help me be a better mom that's for sure.. it has only taken me 3 kids to start figuring things out you are way ahead of the game. I hope all is going well for you guys! How is your ward...have you spoken yet ;)
Hi! I can't believe how cute Kooper is!! Those eyes! You guys better watch out when he's older, you'll have girls knockin down the door. You seem like you are doing well in CA. How's Wes liking school? You two are so fun and cute, you'll be settled with a million friends in no time!
Kristie your blog is so cute! I finally got one started! There are some pics of Gavin on it you'll have to check him out! Come see us when you come down! Our blog address is brianandmegandemille.blogspot!
Post a Comment