OK, so I don't do this very often but I feel like I really have bragging rights with this one.....
So about 4 months ago we bought Kooper a little potty but he wanted NOTHING to do with it, which was fine because I figured once he was ready he would let us know (that's what all my friends kept saying anyway). Well about 2 weeks ago Weston put Kooper in the bath and then went to the bathroom and said to Kooper"see you need to pee in the toilet like daddy and be a big boy" Kooper said,"ok" (aka whatever). About 5 min later he gets out of the bath and sits on his potty and goes! So we of course make a huge deal about it..potty dance and all, but just figured it was a fluke. The next morning he took off his jammys and his diaper..his dry diaper and went pee again all by him self!! Without us even saying a word! So we figured that day we would put undies on him and just see how it went, SUCCESS! He goes when he needs to, and we don't have to say a word! I feel a little ripped off because I was dreading it and so I was thinking of all these prizes I could use to bribe him, I had a cute sticker chart in mind you name it I thought of it.... But NOTHING he didn't need ANYTHING he was just ready! Ok I know its not like he is 12months old and I'm not claiming my child is a genius because he is 2 1/2, and I know it was time but I never thought in a million years that it would be so easy and he would do it all on his own, so yes he is my little genius:)
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Im totally bragging!
Posted by The Swindlehurst's at 2:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yeah for Kooper!!!! I'm sorry you got cheated! Maybe he'll relapse a little in a few months and you'll get to use all your fun ideas!?
yay Kooper!!! We are so excited for you. I hope Hudson learns just like that. WE miss you guys!
What?! That's amazing. Way yo go Kooper, and way to go mom & dad for having the patience.
I think you have the right to brag! Good job Kooper! Gavin was looking at this post with me and he pointed to the pics and said Kooper! He recognized him. It was so cute. Don't move!
YAY Kooper!!! Thats great news. I definately experienced the other end of the spectrum on the potty training issue :(
Enjoy it! Find another reason to use those rewards. They are really for us Mom's as much as they are the kids.... at least I think so anyway!
Oh!!!!! He is SUCH a genious!! And that's right, you just brag about him all you want, because he is so totally gifted! Way to go Koop!! I can't believe he trained himself! I need to have him come over and give Alli the 411 because she is so stubborn and I'm dreading having two in diapers! I just love that little Koop. It was so much fun seeing you guys!!! I miss you already, and our phone tag and voicemails are getting so lame, I'm so over it. I need to call you. Love you girl.
Okay, so I am a total loser. I spelled genius wrong, LOL!! I guess I'm not a genius after all. Dang it.
Post a Comment