Well we finally made it! We have been here about a week but its taken that long to get Internet set up. We had a good trip here. Kooper, Pam(Grandma), and I drove the car, Weston drove the 347ft uhaul..ok maybe not that big but it seemed like it! And Kent(Grandpa) drove the truck pulling the snowmobile and trailer, yes it was quite a caravan! We stayed the first night in Grand Junction to brake up the 12 hour drive, and then made it the rest of the way the following day. Kooper was pretty good we only had to make about 2 emergency stops for potty brakes..which was really good I thought!
On day 2 Kooper was not feeling it so we tried to make a few extra stops to get his wiggles out...
We found a little park in Breckenridge that worked....slides, a steering wheel and a few rocks..what more could a boy ask for?
Pam and Kent helped us out so much with the move and getting settled, we really couldn't have done it without them! Thank You!! They were here with us for about 5 days, which was so helpful! We were able to get out a little bit, the town doesn't have a whole lot to offer especially compared to the LA area, I know it will be a huge adjustment! But on the bright side of things we can get our student loans paid off faster since there isn't much to do and then we can move on to where we want to settle down...where ever that might be.
Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to take a few pictures of our house...which I really like (except for some of the paint)! Thanks again for everybody that helped us move and helped with Kooper while packing! We have the best friends and family in the world! Love and miss you all!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
New Adventures
Posted by The Swindlehurst's at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Other benefits to living where there's nothing to do: 1. you updated your blog without me having to harass you and 2. maybe you'll be bored enough to actually answer my phone calls again (really crossing my fingers here).
I'm so glad you made it and I LOVE Kooper's summer short hair do. What a stud!
Look out Pueblo....here comes the Swindlehursts!!! Pueblo means town in Spanish (I think) so I love how creative they got with naming the place. :) Lauren's comment is hilarious. It is true, when you get bored maybe you can post more and let us see the new stomping grounds. I am excited for you guys.
so glad you guys made it safe! you better keep us updated on your new place and your new lives.. we miss you!!
Yay for Mi Pueblo!! When Can I come visit? And if i come will the red carpet go out? ie: breakfast in bed, pedicures, snuggle time, you get the picture. Miss you already!
We are going to miss you!! I hoep you adjust quickly and being to love your new town!! Best of luck!
I was just thinking about you today! I hope you will post photos of your house out there. SAD. I drove through Cedar last night and thought about you moving. ohhhhh. It will go by fast. And Colorado couldnt be a more beautiful place to live.... hope your good!
I'm bummed you didn't come to Texas...but you'll be SOOOOOO glad that you didn't end up in Houston. My mom said that was in the running. Best of luck to you...and maybe we'll run into each other sometime when you're at home for a visit.
Hey Mi Pueblo!! It was so good to talk to you yesterday, and I'm dying to know how your adventure at Hobby Lobby went :) Oh, I miss you girl. Let's see...what is the half way point of Co. & NC? Let's get creative, I have dark nasty roots again and I need my K-Swiss fix :) I know you guys will have a great experience living there, and I'm anxious for you to meet your ward. You are going to be like the hottest mama in Mi Pueblo, you'll be the talk of the town! And then everyone will want you to do their hair, you're going to get so busy and your appt. book will fill up that you won't even have time for anything anymore, and then you won't even call me anymore because the town of Mi Pueblo will have a hold of you. And then you will become Ms. Mi Pueblo and ride the float in the parade, and we will all come decorate it with flowers and sombreros. Oh man, maybe I don't want you to meet anyone. You better still call me when you turn celebrity A list out there.
Post a Comment