Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Carving Pumpkins!!

Well for the first year in our married lives we decided to carve pumpkins....and I now see why we don't ever do it! It's messy, it stinks, its hard when you don't have very sharp knives or one of those cool carving kits. We have friends that are like die hard professional pumpkin carvers (The Ulriches that are AMAZING) https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjmrDsekYhn-9LO83oXvkR4soM6o1AV8yj1DpAXnLb4X4pTgbyOjLwW-XMI8RMFvPzySBNIODXR8wXk-KIzZ-TPIeOA1mJWiaSfH2RBqOnTnlAUJYYLh67w2GIrG7taxLeN4vSK1J2Ijxk/s1600-h/Halloween+2009.jpg that make it look so easy, so we thought well they carve 120 pumpkins every year what's the big deal about carving 2? Well it was a big deal...and I think next year we will just paint on them:)It started out ok, kinda messy and it was harder than I remember trying to get all that slimey crap out...Kooper thought it was kinda cool.Weston was trying to be all hardcore and do something cool....so its suppose to be a cat and this is how it turned outIt was just a big hole, ha ha the whole thing just fell out!So then he just decided to do 2 big eyes and whatever else that is. I opted to do a normal, easy jack-o-lantern....not so easy for me. As you can see one eye is bigger than the other and one of his teeth fell out. Man...we struggle!!:)We also made pumpkin cookies for desert, I think that was Kooper's favorite part!
To top the night off our cute little neighbors brought Kooper over a little Halloween bag, he was so excited.

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Look at you...posting twice in a row so fast. Love the pumpkins. They have character. :) Miss ya. Hope your having fun and adjusting.

The Andersens said...

This post made me laugh so hard. Like out loud by myself.. How about Westons pumpkin? Like what the crap?? hahahaha. And then there was your Jack0-o-latern...oh man. One small eye, one big eye, some weird nose, and a missing tooth! Love it!!!!

on the flip side-- Your pumpkin cookies look amazing. cant wait to make them!

and how cute are your neighbors?? Way cute...

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Thanks for the shout out!!! This post cracked me up. We have 60 pumpkins waiting in the garage to be carved. Are you sure you don't want to come help???

sachia said...

Weston's pumpkin is awesome.....A for effort, right? Happy Halloween to you guys. Kooper is getting so big and is SUCH a cutie, I can hardly stand it. Lots of love.

The Andersens said...

Hi. Can you update your blog please? I am really sick of clicking on your blog and seeing "carving pumpkins". I mean it was a great post and all but so 2 weeks ago. I know you have tons to blog about. Halloween, Mi Pueblo, Your BFF, the "secret", you know the usual... Can you work on that??

p.s. did you find us some cute stockings? oh and i need a bench. and pams shelf. Do u think she would notice if I come over and stole it? i dont see what the big deal is...

p.s. forgot to tell you. My new sheets are no bueno. I really miss my old ones :(