Friday, October 7, 2011

Nap Time....

I love nap time. I love that 90% of the time the kids are on the same nap schedule. I love the quiet house. I love that every once in a while I get a little nap myself that I so desperately need these days. I love that the house stays clean for 2 whole hours. But most of all I love the few minutes before Kooper's nap that we have together. We read a few books, tell a story, and then he turns toward me wraps his arms around me, we snuggle, and I watch him as he falls to sleep. Yesterday when I was watching him he was about asleep and he gave me a great big smile, so I smiled back. Then he chuckled a little so I chuckled back and then he says,"aaaaawkward." We both got the giggles after that and couldn't stop laughing Does he even know what that means? Probably not, but he sure used it in the right context.
Its the little moments like this that I just want to bottle up and keep forever.

4 comments:

The Andersens said...

K I like love Kooper!!! That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!! Haha I was laughing so hard when u told me that!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Ahahahahahaha that is the funniest thing ever!! What a cutie!

JaKe and NaT* said...

so cute! love that story!

MegHaNE said...

O my what I would give to have 2 quiet hours in my house, Mace doesn't nap at all anymore and Joce is the worst napper in the world, so enjoy the quiet time, im jealous!