PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE REPORT
A moderate earthquake occurred at 8:18:42 PM (PST) on Friday, December 5, 2008.
The magnitude 5.5 event occurred 26 km (16 miles) WNW of Ludlow, CA.
The hypocentral depth is 6 km ( 4 miles).
I have officially felt my first earthquake, it was only for a few seconds but it was defiantly enough to scare the ...... out of me! I think my heart may of stopped and I just froze. I was at the computer and Wes was on the couch, in fact he thought I was shaking it thats how bad it was! A few minutes after I had quit shaking and could think clearly I thought to myself how thankful I am to have our 72hour kits and first aid kits ready to go. There is so much comfort in the thought of feeling somewhat prepared, I'm so thankful for our church for always pushing and pushing "be prepared", if it wasn't for that I really don't think I would have anything prepared if something were to happen. But as far as food storage goes, we will probably starve after 72 hours! :)
4 comments:
oh geez! I am glad that you are okay...and good job on having your 72 hour kits. If it makes you feel any better we would starve after one hour!
oh my word..that is freaky!!! I am deciding on whether or not I should get my hair done this time or wait one more month...seeing how you have been coming home every month!!!
I feel for you... I was in the big bay area earthquake during the world series several years back. I remember it like it was yesterday. I seriously think I was traumatized by it. I remember feeling relieved when we moved to Utah because I thought there were NEVER earthquakes here. But I was wrong... it was only about 4 or months after we moved to Richfield and they had an earthquake. It was definately on a way smaller scale and not nearly as scary, but still disappointing. I was nervous about them for a long time. :) My mom gave us all 72 hour kits for Christmas a couple years ago and I swear that was the best present (that and the 3 month supply of food storage she gave us the next year). It must mean we're getting old when we are excited to have 72 hour kits and food storage huh!?!? Anyway... glad you're okay and prepared! I'll see ya' soon. :)
I'm glad it was small. That would be so scary!! I'm trying to get on top of my food storage well start it really haha but it's good to know that we can be prepared just in case. Glad your ok! See you soon!! :)
Post a Comment