This last week Weston and I were able to go on a cruise, thanks to Grandma Alene and a few friends that helped with Kooper. We went with Weston's parents and had such a good time. Its so different to travel once you have kids, before you just pick up and go not a worry in the world... now you can either take them with you, which is fun but if your looking for a relaxing/lay around vacation that just doesn't happen with a 3 year old! But then if you leave them home that's all you do is just worry, hoping that they are ok, and not sad, and being good...bla bla bla its just a no win situation! But despite missing Koop like crazy we had a blast! We ate way too much, layed around a lot, got a lot of sun and then ate some more! On about our 3rd night my ankles started swelling so bad, I think I just had way to much sun and not enough water plus a lot of salty food..not a good combo for a prego lady! By the end of the trip I had no ankles aka cankles and I couldn't even bend my poor toes, it was pretty sick! Luckily they are back to normal, but just a side note after looking at all our picts I think my whole body was swollen maybe I'm just in denial but lets just say I'm swollen for the record:)
This is the first beach we went to, it was on the Island of St. Martin. If you know anything about the island it is owned by the French and the Dutch so half the beach is where all the French hang out. On our way there they told us that the French side was a nude beach and I was just thinking topless.... I was TOTALLY wrong!
Wes and I had deiced to go on a little walk up the beach, we saw a few topless people here and there but then we came to a group of rocks you cross, you actually don't even realize you cross it until BAM... the..what we like to call "the greeter" says hello, trust me you CANT miss him! We took a few steps and realized we were in the middle of the nude beach. What a different culture, I cant even imagine..I mean they were old, (really old..sick), young, kids, pregnant women...you name it they were there. We obviously turned around and went right back but I was just amazed at how natural it was for all of them.
We had such a good time with Weston's parents, Im so lucky to have such good in laws! They have always made me feel so comfortable around them..all though Im sure at times they regret it:)
The formal nights were fun, Im sure it would be funner(is that a word) if I was about 30 lbs lighter...but at the same time I wouldn't trade my big belly and swollen body... remember Im just swollen:) for the world!
My cute little hubby! We had such a good time together! I love being able to go on trips and just spend time with my best friend in the whole world! I love that he still makes me laugh so hard I cry, I love that at night we could just have "pillow talk" for hours, and I love that he just loves me and doesn't hesitate a bit to show it. Im one lucky girl!
This is one of our Philippino waiters, there are so many Philippino's on the ship and Weston is in Heaven being able to speak to them all in their language. Its so fun to see there reaction, they instantly fall in love with him every time. A few of the Philippino's that we met even had chocolate covered strawberries sent to our room.
We could have never done this with our my family and friends that helped out so much! I had one tired Moma when I got home, I think she forgot how busy a 3year old boy was. But she did such a great job...so good that Im paying the consequences this week, to say the least he was SPOILED rotten, but then again what are Grandparents for?? Thanks again!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Cruise!
Posted by The Swindlehurst's at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute pictures! Craig says the head tilting pic of you and wes is priceless! Not sure if he is being sarcastic or not? :) But i really DO think its priceless! You look so good girl for being 27 weeks prego! Glad you guys had such a fun time, if anyone derserves some R&R its definetly you. K bye.
p.s. you call 172 times in one hour while Im getting the twins to bed, and NOW i have ALL this talking time and you dont answer? you Bug. Bad. Bye.
p.p.s or is it p.s.s? Well whatever. Anyways, I found a way cute bedding for the little guy! its kinda pricey, but with Wes's income these days its pretty much pocket change! haha remember our convo yesterday about epiderals? thats like funny stuff. K bye for reals this time.
How fun for you 2! Glad you enjoyed this time together before the next baby arrives :)
You are definately 1 lucky girl Kristie! A great hubby, the cutest little 3 year old- and another on the way! I'm so happy for you.
(a little jealous that you have another on the way and I don't yet- but, hopefully it will be soon for us too!)
So I just started catching up on emails after our trip. I can't believe you went in to labor after your trip to do hair. I feel soooo bad!!!! I am so glad you got to go on your cruise. It looks like you had fun! I hope you are feeling better!!!!
Post a Comment