Saturday, April 9, 2011

Soccer Mom!

Have you ever imagined something in your mind and then it turns out so incredibly different?? Well that seems to happen to me quite often! And this whole soccer mom thing being one of those things that was imagined so different! So Weston and Kooper have been practicing all these sweet moves, scoring goals, and passing the balls for a few weeks now so I was thinking by his first game he was going to be semi-pro.... ha ha boy was I wrong!! Although in these first few pictures he looks pretty convincing......
So this was the problem....he did really good until the other team would come and kick the ball from him, how dare they...right??? We have been taught not to take toys (balls) from other kids while they are playing with them, so why on earth would these kids just come up and kick the ball right away from him...he was playing with it first!!!
Oh boy...so there you have it, I forgot to explain that it's okay when playing sports to take the ball, which if I would have it would have avoided several on the field melt downs! I wish I would have gotten some pictures of him pouting and stomping around after the ball was stolen, but I was too busy trying to figure out why the heck he was so mad...."DUH Mom its because we don't take other kid's toys (balls)"
So after so many times of getting the ball taken from you I guess playing in the goal is a lot more fun!
I love this picture, he is just so content taking a break drinking his juice box.
All in all it was a fun day, it was so cute to see our little boy attempting to play a sport, he is growing up way too fast! He may not be semi-pro like I was thinking but we are so proud of our little soccer player and Im by far the proudest soccer Mom around! Love you Koop:)

1 comments:

The Andersens said...

oh you're all like a way cute soccer mom! Now all you need is a mini van! (i know someday, we will BOTH be sporting one). I LOVE that kooper is so into doing whats right, and not stealing the ball from the others!! haha SO adorable!! I just love that age... so innocent. Cant we just keep them that age forever?! p.s. do you feel like its been ages since we've talked? even though we talked a few times yesterday.

pps. Should we plan our dinner mennu's for the week?? I have some good recipes. Call me k bye