Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

I honestly cant believe that it has been 8 years since I married my best friend. Part of me feels like we have always been married but then the other part of me feels like it was just yesterday that we were driving to St. George together to be married for time and all eternity. So much happens when you are married for awhile, I feel like for one it just gets better and better. You learn to pick your battles and realize that most of those battles aren't really even worth it in the first place. After 8 years there are so many things that I love so much, but of course a few things that I hate so much....You gotta take the good with the bad right??:)
Weston is so good about not letting me "pout" when I'm mad, he either makes me talk about it..which I hate...but Im getting better, or he just makes me laugh till I forget why I was mad in the first place. I love that Weston is always the first to say sorry, I hate that Im so stubborn but luckily he is sooo not so it evens out. I hate that he thinks he wants to do a new hobby every other day, but I love that he is so outgoing and willing to try and do anything. I love that he gets so excited to watch our shows and gets mad if Im not paying attention but he also knows exactly when to look over because he knows Ill be crying at the sad parts(well I think they are sad), then he has a little chuckle then just holds me closer. I love that he always cleans up after I make dinner, even if he always lets one or two of the pans "soak" because they are too dirty (SOOOO BUGGY)! I love that even after a long day of work he comes home and totally takes over with Kooper, they play and play and I can never get enough of just watching them! I love that he is the romantic one in our relationship, he is all about candles, notes, roses, and the "little things"(don't tell his buddies). I love that he always fills up my car with gas. I hate that after telling him 3 thousand times he still doesnt hang his towel back up. I love that he will do anything to make me happy and I know its not an easy job but somehow he knows just what to say and do to keep me smiling and feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
Happy Anniversary Westy, cant wait to see what the next 8 years bring!

5 comments:

The Andersens said...

Oh u guys are like way cute. That's crazy it's been 8 years! But then again u r 31 so it makes sense:) Love what u said about Wes..I love that u guys have such a good marriage. Happy anniversary!

Hollie said...

Well you two have always been so dang cute! Happy Anniversary! :)

Sharps said...

SOOO cute! You guys are making everyone jealous! I JUST LOVE YA! I hope our little plan we have been working on pans out in a few years so we can hang out! AHHH!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE BAMBINO!!! HOORAY~

Christa said...

Awww... way cute Kristie! Congrats on 8 years... We celebrate 8 this year also, but not til end of summer.
Cheers to you both!

Jean said...

Happy anniversary, you guys!!! Yay! Wow, we have a lot in common. Our kids are almost the same age, and Tim's and my 8-year anniversary is on May 23rd!! Crazy.