Friday, March 18, 2011

100% Daddy's Boy!!

So Im not sure what the deal is lately but Kooper is obsessed with his Dad, which I know, I know isnt a bad thing, I know Weston is a good catch and all but what the crap..... I take care of this kid all day long, I feed him, I take him to the park, we play, we read, we color, we play hide and seek and you know these days its not so easy to hide this big ol' body but I do it anyway!! And still every morning when Koop comes in the first thing he wants to know is "where is Daddy"...I say the same thing, "Koop he is at work." His reply is always the same, "nooooo I want my Daddy so so bad, I miss him, he is my best friend." I know kinda cute but, every morning at 6:30am trying to console him, I'm just kinda over it! Dont get me wrong at times it is nice, like when Wes gets home Kooper doesn't want a thing to do with me, in fact he doesn't even want me in the room when him and Wes are playing which is fine with me, by the end of the day sometimes I dont want to even be in the room, (so there Kooper)ha ha But there are times when I really feel a little frustrated, like today before nap and I was reading him books, and he says,"I want you to read it like Daddy does." Or I'm tickling his back and he'll say, "your not doing it right, do it like Daddy." Another example, I can fight with him all morning to make his bed and he wont, but honestly the second Weston says, "Koop you need to make your bed." He skips right in and does it.(well maybe he doesn't skip, but he might as well)
Well I could go on and on all day giving examples why Im feeling like chopped liver, but I wont. I know he loves me I just had to vent for a minute.
Kooper loves to wrestle, and he knows he can only do that with Daddy...maybe thats why??
Weston gives him "bear traps" (notice his foot trapped in his undies) all the time but that doesnt stop Kooper from wanting more and more of his Daddy. PS A bear trap is a big thing in this family, its sooo annoying but kinda funny, once your foot is stuck its soo hard to get it out especailly if you have Daddy tickling you the whole time!
They nap together....
They play dragons together, usually Kooper is on Weston's shoulders"training the dragon."

I love these boys and I do love their relationship, I couldn't ask for a better Daddy for Kooper. Weston does so much with him and is such an amazing exapmle and I love seeing Kooper look up to him so much, I hope that his Daddy is always his"best friend."

5 comments:

The Andersens said...

Oh this post made me laugh... I totally know the whole "chopped liver" feeling.. But at the same time I'm so glad our kids have the amazing daddy's that they do!! Love the bear trap... That's hilarious..hAs Weston ever put u in a bear trap? Ha I'm totally laughing aloud just picturing that..

P.s. I just barely saw that u called 50 times tonight but I would get yelled at by Wes if I called u this late. so I won't! We all know wessy needs his beauty sleep! K bye!

Jenny Wilson said...

so cute- love the dragon picture! sure wish you would come play!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Omg the Bear Trap made me laugh outloud and I had to read it to Jonathan! So so funny. I totally get the same feeling sometimes but I'm also so grateful that when Daddy's home I can be off the hook. My sister's son would NEVER go to his daddy so it was so hard for her to ever have a second alone.. That would drive me nuts!! Just remember- this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

So glad to know that other mom's feel this way! LOVED this post! I loved the bear trap thing too! Miss ya!

Cando said...

how fun! Your little boy is so.dang.cute. How are you feeling these days? Are they still worried you might go early? I'm going through some of that junk myself. It sucks. I'm thinking about ya! I hope all is well!