Sunday, July 31, 2011

2 Months

I know I'm a little late for Karver's 2 month post but I'm still in catch-up mode!
Our little Karver is such a sweetheart, he is so different than Kooper was when he was a baby. Karver is so much more temperamental! He loves to be held, he hates his swing..bouncer...the floor and he loves to cry! Thanks to my friend Abby we finally found something he actually likes so we can get some things done. It's called a glider and for some reason he LOVES it. He talks to the animals and likes to try and get them. We love his smile it lights up his whole face and when he is smiling really big he has the cutest dimples ever!
A few weeks ago Karver gave us quite a scare. Long story short, he woke up with a fever and so his pediatrician had us take him to the ER because it was too high for an infant. They took so much blood from him, poked both of his arms and his little foot. They also attempted to a spinal tap 3 different times to test him for spinal meningitis but couldn't get a clear sample. Because they couldn't rule out spinal meningitis they admitted him up to the pediatric floor to watch him overnight. This was probably one of the hardest couple days that I have ever had being a Mom. Seeing him in so much pain and having a cry like I have never heard before broke my heart. I was an emotional wreck, luckily I have an amazing husband that could step in for me when I just couldn't take it anymore, but then coming back in the room and seeing tears in Weston's eyes after having to watch his little boy having to go through so much about killed me. He is such an amazing Dad and I'm so thankful that he is so strong when I can't be. I'm most especially thankful that he was able to give Karver a Priesthood blessing and knowing that everything would be okay with our little boy. Everything did turn out being okay, it was just a little virus and I'm so thankful!
Karver is growing so up so fast! His stats for his 2 month check up were.....
Weight--11lbs 14oz 60th percentile
Height--26 in 98th percentile
Not sure about his head stats...his pediatrician is great but very old school and she about forgot to give me those stats:)
So he is tall and skinny! He only wakes up about 1 time a night to eat which is SOOO nice! Kooper is starting to warm up to him, he loves to get Karver's hands and play patty cake, Karver LOVES it..he just grins the whole time! There are times that if Karver is crying Koop will put his bink in his mouth and be so proud! I'm so excited for these two little guys to be best buddies!Hates his bouncer..the second I put him in this he SCREAMS!His Swing....He hates!The glider...he loves, he honestly smiles the whole time! So cute!
Kooper can always get Karver to smile, it is the most precious thing to listen to Koop talk to him!Relaxing on a Sunday afternoon...our favorite! I love my boys!

2 comments:

The Andersens said...

Oh what a cute little guy! I love that he hates his swing and bouncer :) I miss snuggling him! Pretty sure I was his favorite while u guys were here. Miss u. K bye. P.s. Answer your freaking phone.

Brian and Megan said...

Wow that is so scary to have such a little guy in the hospital. I can't believe he is that old! I have GOT to get your baby gift sent to you. I'm such a slacker! Glad Kooper is adjusting to him. Come visit again soon ok :)